3.15.2008

Windy Saturday

San Jose was hella fun. It was pretty windy up there when we arrived, but I think the wind down here is best explained by its being *March*.

We got to meet lots of drifting kids and a bunch of racers too. Ron's been working hard on editing the footage together. What I've seen looks really good-- it's going to be a fun pilot. I haven't posted anything since, but I did write one while I was up there, about a donut I had that Sunday. It was an apple fritter and had peanuts in it. Really disturbing. Should apple fritters have peanuts in them? I don't think so.

My hair is still pretty fair and pink. I know you were wondering. Tonight I'll be on Marty's Corner (http://www.martyscornerlive.com/) promoting Young Birds Fly and I actually re-did it so I would be nice and odd-looking for live television. Woo hoo!

And now, for the whole reason I'm posting right now: I think I finally figured out how to sew triangles together for a quilt top. I've read all sorts of instructions and seriously, pointy corners don't sew together the same way a square's corners do. It isn't neat and pretty. But here's a photo of it. And in serendipitous delight I've somehow gotten the edges in the middle exactly matched up. It's hard to see that in the photo, but I totally did!!

Watch me and my pink hair LIVE online tonight. Marty's Corner website has a link...

No comments: